Home Energy Audits in Emmitsburg, Maryland
Are your HVAC or electrical systems running as efficiently as possible? Are you sure about that? In simpler terms, have you experienced any of the following conditions in your Emmitsburg, Maryland home?
- Drafty rooms or areas
- Moisture on your windows
- Damp or moist walls
- Peeling paint
- Uneven heating and cooling
- Mold, mildew or musty odors
- Dry indoor air during the winter
- Energy bills that are higher than normal
If so, a home energy audit from Comfortable Home Energy Audits could be just what you need. An energy audit will make your home not only more energy efficient but safer, more durable and more comfortable as well. That’s exactly what we aim to do with our home energy audits in Emmitsburg, Maryland!
Home energy audits are designed to pinpoint exactly where your home is losing energy and help you determine what you can do to solve the problem. In general, home energy audits will assess the efficiency of your home’s HVAC system and your electrical system, as well as show you places where you can conserve hot water and electricity.
Our Emmitsburg, Maryland (MD) Home Energy Audit Process
Comfortable Home Energy Audits performs a thorough analysis of your home to find out exactly where your home is losing energy and how you can be more energy efficient and comfortable. Our home energy audits in Emmitsburg, Maryland include:
Exterior inspection – we look at the location and position of your house and also the size of the windows to help assess the impact that natural sunlight has on your air conditioning. We then inspect your yard for water damage, structural damage (wood rot, corrosion of the aluminum threshold, etc.), grading and drainage issues, gutters and down spouts. If you have gas fired appliances, we test the gas meter and check for leaks in the gas line.
Interior inspection – inside your house, we look at the location of vent registers, light fixtures and insulation. We also scan the entire inside of your home with an infrared camera to check for any insulation or moisture problems, and we test your vent registers for air leakage.
Attic, basement and crawl spaces are important since these areas tend to collect more moisture than the rest of the house. We carefully inspect these areas and locate any gaps or penetration that could use quality sealing.
Combustion appliances – we test your combustion appliances (furnace, hot water heater, boiler, etc.), for efficiency, spillage, draft and carbon monoxide. We also look at the heat exchanger for cracks and check gas lines for leaks.
We do everything we can during the auditing process to ensure maximized safety, comfort and durability in your Emmitsburg, Maryland home.
Our Emmitsburg, Maryland (MD) Home Energy Audit Tools
Comfortable Home Energy Audits uses a variety of tools when performing our home energy audits in Emmitsburg, Maryland:
- Blower door – this tool is a calibrated fan that is sealed into your front or back door. It measures air tightness and air leakage and can help determine if there are any holes or penetrations in the exterior envelope.
- Infrared camera – this energy auditing instrument shows (via different colors) differing wall temperatures, and we can see if air is leaking and if there is excess moisture or water behind the walls.
- Combustion analyzer – this hand-held tool is used for measuring and analyzing temperature, draft, carbon monoxide and efficiency.
- Carbon monoxide detector – this tool can save lives! Carbon monoxide is a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas that can be dangerous in small quantities and deadly in large. Our carbon monoxide detector will locate the source of any carbon monoxide leaks so that you will know immediately what appliances could pose a risk.
- Gas leak detector – this instrument can detect combustible gas leaks and exactly where they are occurring in gas lines, valves and regulators.
Home energy audits are crucial when it comes to cutting energy costs and making your home durable and safe. Our home energy audits in Emmitsburg, Maryland can help you, whether your house is big, small, new or old. Call Comfortable Home Energy Audits today for an in-depth home energy audit!